Here are some of the ways that you can get residency in Singapore:
- If you invest SG$2,500,000 or more in a business or approved fund that invests in Singapore based companies, you may apply for Singapore residency.
The Employment Pass
This work permit is for those that have a job offer in Singapore and are foreign professionals, managers and executives. Candidates need to earn at least $3,600 a month (approx USD2600) and have acceptable qualifications. The employer or agent needs to apply on behalf of the candidate. It is a 2 year work pass which can be renewed for periods of 3 years thereafter.
Personalised Employment Pass
This is for eligible high-earning foreign professionals. It is not tied to an employer and offers greater flexibility for those who earn either:
- At least $18,000 (Approx USD 13,000) per month overseas. Your last drawn salary should have been within 6 months before you apply.
- An Employment Pass holder earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000 (Approx USD8700).
Other Work Permits include
- S Pass for mid-level skilled staff. Candidates need to earn at least $2,200 a month and meet the assessment criteria.
- Work permits for semi-skilled foreign workers in the construction, manufacturing, marine shipyard, process or services sector.
- Work Permits for domestic workers.
For the full list of all of the other work permits click here
Setup a company in Singapore
This requires at least one director whose ordinarily a resident in Singapore (i.e. usual place of residence is in Singapore). See here for more details.
You can apply for an Singapore EntrePass (the visa that entitles founders and entrepreneurs to Singapore residency) if you:
- Have started, or intend to start, a private limited company registered with ACRA.
- If registered, the company must be less than 6 months old on the date you apply.
- If not registered, you can do so after you know the outcome of your application.
- Meet any of the following innovative criteria for application as an entrepreneur, innovator or investor.
Through your Family
- If your spouse is a citizen or permanent resident of Singapore, you are probably eligible for residency. Please note that your status of spouse needs to be legally recognised in this country.
Youth Mobility Visa
- If you are an Australian, French, German, Swiss, Hong Kong, Japanese, New Zealand, UK or US citizen between the ages of 18-30, you may be eligible under the Working Holiday Visa programme (for up to 6 months). Note: you may need a letter of government support to undertake this type of visa.